Engineering Program Manager, (Platform) Security
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Apple Media Products (AMP) is an exciting environment and dynamic development organization. With customers in 155 countries, we are a fast-growing marketplace for music, movies, TV shows, Books - and, of course, Apps. We are seeking a seasoned Engineering / Technical Program Manager with a strong Security background for our AMP Program Management team. This is a highly cross-functional role that works with Apple’s central security team, AMP’s Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) and AMP’s Software Engineering teams to drive security improvements & compliance across our media products, including App Store, Apple Music, TV App, and more. This role requires a blend of effective project management, issue resolution, and technical planning skills. We are responsible for service infrastructure that ensures our customers’ seamless experience. A successful program manager is one that thrives in a fast paced and complex environment. This is not a task-based job; you will be responsible for successful outcomes and delivery. Strong fundamentals are a requirement but you have to have more. A self starter with experience leading cross-functional projects. You take responsibility; you feel a personal stake in the projects you deliver; you communicate responsibilities and scope clearly; you value integrity; you know how things work; you work for the success of the entire team; you thrive in uncertainty and strive to bring order to it; you have deep wisdom and judgement; you keep your eye on the ball; you build strong relationships; you are aware of politics but do not get mired in them; you are constantly looking to improve yourself and your team; you're prescient; and you ship products which millions of customers will use.
- Exceptional organizational, project management and technical acumen.
- Experience delivering highly cross-functional security projects in an enterprise organization
- Priori Engineering, Infrastructure or software development project management with focus on Security projects
- Familiarity with common security operations activities like vulnerability management, incident response, compliance planning, and metrics reporting
- Familiarity with SDLC processes in engineering organizations with a focus on security-related changes and improvements
- The ability to collaborate with highly technical teams on complex security projects in order to drive/track/report progress
- 5+ years of program management, project management, or equivalent experience
- Solid track record leading and deploying large, complex programs
- Strong relationship management and facilitation skills both within diverse engineering teams and cross functional organizations
- Proven self-starter, who is dedicated and demonstrates creative and critical thinking abilities
- Outstanding presentation skills, both written and oral, including the ability to convey complex requirements in a clear, concise and credible manner
- Overall, a highly driven, results-oriented, problem solver who will drive programs to deliver value quickly to our customers
Manage Security-centric initiatives across independent cross functional teams comprised of Software Engineering, SRE and Internal & external partners to ensure AMP’s security obligations and compliance is being addressed. - Persistently remove ambiguity and seek to reduce complexity to ensure clarity around project goals, expectations and timelines. - Develop a broad organizational perspective to facilitate strategic views around new projects in a fast moving Engineering environment. - Create and maintain extensive work plans detailing complex technical projects in a fast moving engineering environment. - Controlling and reporting progress to the Project Steering Group / Security Management team / Project Sponsor and calling out any issues, as appropriate, in a timely manner. Initiating corrective action where necessary in order to keep the project on track. - Identify inter-dependencies between the various project to teams to ensure all are aligned and risks are identified, mitigated and communicated.
Education & Experience
Prefer a BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or similar technical field