JDK/JVM Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple services make extensive use of Java Virtual Machine (JVM) and Java Development Kit (JDK) technology. Our team makes strategic investments and supports the JVM and JDK technology to ensure these Apple services work at peak capacity. Apple services are expected to work reliably on a global scale, and the JVM provides a critical piece of this infrastructure. Team members are passionate about working across a large organization to understand where runtime changes are justified, configuration changes, or if application tuning would be sufficient. If this is something which is exciting for you, we'd love to hear from you.
- Expert knowledge of Java and C++
- Garbage Collection (e.g. Parallel, G1, ZGC)
- JIT technologies (e.g. Hotspot, GraalVM)
- Java Development Kit (e.g. Java APIs and library implementations)
- Understanding of Java Memory Model
- Multi-threaded programming and concurrency concepts
- Understanding of how to do JVM performance analysis and make corresponding improvement
- Working with application and library developers to write more friendly code for the JVM/JDK
Contribute and build JVM and JDK software that enables services at Apple’s scale. We are looking for individual contributors and team leaders to improve the JVM and JDK at Apple. You will have the opportunity to work with a team which has set its sights on improving impact across Apple.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you are applying for a position in San Francisco, please click here...
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more.
- Apple's committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more.