Product Manager, Personalization
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love to create groundbreaking ideas? Do you enjoy collaborating with coworkers and making lasting connections with others? As part of our Retail Commerce and Digital Experience Product team, you’ll help craft a seamless, high-quality digital retail experience for our customers. Join our team, and you’ll help Apple make sure our customers experience an online shopping experience like no other. We are seeking a Product Manager to join a user-experience focussed E-commerce product team. The product team is responsible for delivering tailored and relevant digital shopping experiences that are personalized for our customers while upholding Apple’s commitment to privacy as a fundamental human right. This product role is focussed on identifying, influencing, and implementing digital personalization features using machine learning and algorithms, including recommendations and streamlined experiences.
- Passionate about user experience; able to inspire and educate designers and engineers with thought-provoking objectives and customer focussed use cases.
- Experience with web services architecture and implementation. Ability to work closely with engineering partners to solve for system interdependencies, devise implementation strategies and refine scope based on considerations.
- Have insights into modern interactive design and development standards; recognize and appreciate the differences between web-based and native app experiences.
- Familiar with machine learning or data science, including how to use machine learning to enhance customer experiences.
- Have a proven ability to establish rapport, credibility and influence others to get results across a large matrixed organization.
- Possess strong decision making and prioritization skills; have experience overseeing and managing complex production schedules.
- Be able to work independently; anticipating and resolving problems. Highly organized with strong project management skills.
- Strong leadership and excellent communication skills, with experience managing and motivating teams/individuals.
Find opportunities to enhance the personalize experience on the Apple Online Store and associated platforms. Create and manage the product roadmap for the subject portfolio; collaborating with partners throughout the broader organization. Negotiate and set achievements and expectations with other departments. Evangelize ideas and new concepts to other departments and partners. Oversee and update the production schedule; ensuring each release is timely and solves requirements. Hands-on position to write requirements, lead functional and technical design discussions and work with business partners and engineering teams to deliver the project. Work hand in hand with data science team to identify new approaches and algorithms to solve customer experience challenges. Represents business goals and feature solutions during product reviews with cross-functional teams and determines and follows through relevant action items for the working team to address. Optimize user experience through intuition, analysis of quantitative test data and qualitative research/customer interviews. Monitor the health of projects at all times along with the associated risks and implications to timelines; lead the resolution of cross-functional issues.
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or equivalent field Consumer product experience with a history of managing projects that facilitate or enhance customer shopping experiences Minimum 5 years of experience in a technical requirement or product management role Start-up experience is ideal but not essential.