Corporate Events, Event Operations Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here! We believe at Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. You bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. This Event Operations Manager responsibility will be to support the smooth ongoing operation of Apple’s Event organization. This will entail the development of tools to identify, prioritize, and manage overall team priorities including, but not limited to, new initiative planning, quarterly and annual business planning, and budget management. We are looking for a person with energy, drive, passion, and enthusiasm to do and be their very best.
- Drive operational excellence and positive relationships with cross functional teams with a focus on finance, procurement standards and marcom.
- Drive integration and alignment with the extended cross-functional team to track and re-calibrate key work streams and metrics of success.
- Elevate the leadership identity of Operations through appropriate high profile communications, keeping stakeholders well informed and managing issue escalation through proper levels of the organization in a timely and efficient manner.
- Operate with a “no surprises” commitment to business partners and stakeholders, and become a role model for communication and collaboration.
- Collaborate with Procurement, Finance, Events and respective event partners to carry out bid specs, source products and niche services in accordance with policies and applicable laws.
- Analyzing agencies, vendors and overall market conditions to determine present and future procurement needs for events at or below estimated cost targets.
- Provide administrative budget support, liaising with team Leadership, Finance, and Operations.
- Develop and maintain financial forecasts, and facilitate timely, clear, and transparent communication within the team, cross functional partners and vendors.
- Host ongoing meetings with key vendor partners to address issues related to budgets, scope, resources, conflict resolution, etc.
- Coordinate and lead weekly/monthly team meetings, ensuring clear agendas and that owners and action items are all established and tracked over time.
- Build and maintain financial documents and dashboards for review with Events team leadership and Executives.
- Lead all aspects of the fiscal planning process (including support for headcount planning) and the quarterly planning process.
- Support compliance with policy and procedures.
- Provide an interface to technical functions supporting the ongoing development of business-critical technologies and apps.
10 years experience within a top agency environment or Marketing function within a world-class company and brand. Passionate about building structure and processes that support the development of amazing work in a creative and innovative environment. Strong problem solver with a demonstrated track record that delivers operational support and elevates team performance within a fast-paced organization. A clear aptitude for developing processes and tools that lead to more highly-performing individuals and teams. Ability to develop/deliver solutions to complex problems where analytics, process change/development are keys to success. A strong collaborator and communicator capable of working in a highly cross-functional environment to achieve success. Driven leader who approaches things with a sense of urgency. Strong attention to detail with the ability to handle ambiguity with grace.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree preferred