Program Manager, Apple Arcade
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The App Store is the largest gaming platform in the world. In 2008, we launched with 500 apps and games. Now there are millions. And now we are opening the next chapter with Apple Arcade, the first game subscription service for mobile, desktop and the living room featuring over 100 new and exclusive games, including original releases from renowned creators. We're seeking a Program Manager to join the Apple Arcade team. As a Program Manager, you will work directly with the best game developers from around the world to help us deliver games that redefine games to our customers. Core responsibilities include defining schedules and deliverables, managing external developer relationships, and reviewing and approving key checkpoints throughout the process. You will represent Apple as the face of Apple Arcade for your assigned partners and an advocate for them back into Apple. We're growing and urge you to apply! We believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most hardworking creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team.
- 5-7 years of experience in games as a producer or in a project management role
- Experience across all types of platforms: console, PC, mobile, familiarity with releasing products on the Apple App Store, and experience with both internal and external development are a plus
- You have an uncompromising attention to detail and the ability to track multiple priorities over disparate sources of information
- Extraordinary interpersonal skills; thrive in highly collaborative projects, effective at building consensus, easily work with creative and global partners, internally and externally
- You possess strong personal management skills in chasing down areas of ambiguity and defining solutions for problems as they are discovered
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to explain intricacies of the game development process to non-technical partners and the converse- translating high level concerns into actionable guidance
- You have strong Excel skills and familiarity with standard Project Management tools
In this role, you will be a key member of the Program Management team ensuring our robust portfolio of games and partners is delivered in a timely and predictable manner. You will partner with Business Development to guarantee that development deals have detailed timelines and deliverables that mitigate risk and meet our needs for the program. You will manage relationships with assigned development partners to ensure that they are set up to successfully deliver on their timelines. You will handle dozens of projects sometimes with competing priorities and conflicting schedules to ensure strong relationships and transparency into your work. At the same time, you will make full use of your cultural sensibilities to understand and work closely with domestic and overseas partners.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience