Research Scientist, HCI Research - AI/ML
Seattle, Washington, United States
Machine Learning and AI
We are looking for Research Scientists in Seattle or Pittsburgh to help Apple build amazing machine learning-based products and experiences. To achieve this, we need to understand and design for everyone involved in the ML development process — Engineers who build our models, Designers who create our experiences, and our customers who use our products. You will work with cross-functional teams, including Designers, Product Managers, Software Engineers, and Data Scientists to tackle these challenges and make phenomenal products that people love.
- Ability to distill product experiences into concrete problem definitions
- Passion for taking research ideas and turning them into actionable tools, guidelines, or products
- Strong writing and public speaking skills
- Strong publication history
As a member of this team, you will use your background in machine learning and human-computer interaction to: - Understand the needs of technical and non-technical partners in the machine learning process; and build better development and design processes for Apple's products and experiences - Create and implement new tools and visualizations that make it easier to design and build, and deploy machine learning-based products - Effectively engage with the academic community by collaborating with universities, publishing and presenting your work, and participating in other academic efforts - Contribute to a variety of projects around Apple, and transfer your ideas into solutions for some of the most challenging technical problems facing the next generation of Apple products.
Education & Experience
PhD in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or Computer Science
- - Expertise with visual and interaction design
- - Experience building and deploying machine learning models
- - Experience shipping products that use machine learning
- - Expertise with data visualization
- - Please include CV upon application or add publication history to cover letter