UIKit Screener/Integration Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Help Apple build the next generation of the world’s most advanced mobile operating system. The UIKit + SwiftUI team is looking for a highly motivated software engineer to screen, triage and investigate problems reported on the system application for iOS, iPadOS, watchOS, tvOS and macOS and to build internal productivity tools. We’re a team of helpers, problem solvers, debuggers, and engineers. We work with some of the most talented software engineers in the world, building tools to help them be at their peak productivity. You’ll be working directly with the software engineers responsible for the fundamental building blocks of the iOS, macOS user experience. Flourish in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, high-pressure environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- A genuine passion for diagnosing and triaging software issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability and willingness to strictly manage time spent triaging issues to ensure timely turnaround
- Proven track record of being proactive, self-motivated, and detail-oriented
- Expertise with bug tracking systems
- Familiarity with consumer-facing software development processes
As a screener/integration engineer on the UIKit & SwiftUI team, you will triage incoming bugs, analyze logs, and determine priority of issues. You will be expected to spot emerging issues from bug reports filed by Apple employees and external developers, follow up with bug filers to collect additional information that can help the team debug, test features and fixes, and manage code submissions to multiple build trains. You will gain encyclopedic knowledge of UIKit & SwiftUI and apply that knowledge to engineering design discussions and feature planning. You will drive our day-to-day process around bug and source code management in service of delivering high quality features and improvements to our developers and users. We are looking for an enthusiastic, curious, and technically savvy teammate who can juggle a variety of tasks efficiently. Are you excited about being a member of the UIKit & SwiftUI engineering team, working side by side with engineers to help improve our frameworks? We want your energy and unique perspective on our team!
Education & Experience
Bachelors or above degree in an engineering related discipline, or equivalent related experience.
- - Experience with source control (git experience preferred)
- - Experience with automated build, continuous integration, or test automation systems
- - Experience with command line tools
- - Familiarity with macOS, iOS, and watchOS
- - Familiarity with iOS development tools (Xcode, Instruments)
- - Knowledge of Objective-C and/or Swift or equivalent language is a plus
- - Experience developing apps using UIKit is a plus
- - Write test tools to aid in reproducing and debugging issues