Tools & Automation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The CI Technologies team is looking for a Tools & Automation Engineer to help build the next generation of internal testing solutions. The CI Tech team owns the platform and the tools that play a critical role in developing high quality software, ensuring that we continue to inspire and delight Apple’s millions of customers.
- Proficient in modern scripting or compiled languages (Python, Swift, C/C++, etc.)
- Proficient in a distributed version-control system (Git)
- Proficient in Software Testing methodologies
- Experience in software automation and tools development
- Familiar with iOS and/or macOS platforms considered a plus
- Excited to investigate and debug difficult problems
As a member of the team, you will be contributing to two primary areas: test libraries and test infrastructure. Test libraries serve as the building blocks of tests, and are used by test engineers and QA throughout Software. You’ll develop and maintain common functionally like task execution, UI interactions, and log collection. The challenge is to ensure that our libraries stays compatible and reliable on released and future in-development operating systems. The demand of testing continues to increase across Software at Apple. You’ll help us explore exciting solutions that allow us to scale our test infrastructure to meeting those needs. This includes infrastructure to support testing on devices located in data centers around the world, and scaling through device virtualization.
Education & Experience
B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science/Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in the following would be a plus, but not required:
- Distributed Systems
- Xcode and its testing technologies such as XCTest and XCUITest