Maps Source Data Analysis & Integration Lead
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Our goal is to provide a highly curated Maps experience to our customers. As part of our globally distributed team, we are looking for a great teammate with the ability to build cross-functional relationships with geographically-dispersed stakeholders and across all levels of leadership. If this sounds like you and you'd like to join an awesome team, we'd love to hear from you!
- 5+ years of related experience in the use of GIS.
- Good working knowledge of FME or other ETL workflow systems.
- Experience with QGIS or ArcGIS other open source/commercial visualization/analysis GIS systems.
- Experience with data architectures, schema definitions, data and metadata dictionaries.
- Ability to work with well known database management systems such as PostgreSQL w/ PostGIS.
- Demonstrable experience in analysis and visualization platforms such as Tableau a plus.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Six years or more of relevant work experience. Familiarity with evaluating international a wide array of GIS-specific data sets; including but not limited to road/path networks, addressing/geocoding and POI/search, hydrography/land cover, 3D cityscape/building models, raster imagery, as well as CAD/BIM assets.
- Applied experience with parsing, managing, and conflating large datasets.
- Experience with Hive/Hadoop/Spark a plus.
- Demonstrated leadership and self-direction. Willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
As our Source Data Integration Lead you will coordinate — both directly and indirectly — across various teams that evaluate geospatial data sources. We have teams that work cross-functionally from contract sourcing and GIS professionals, engineers, to program, product, and operations managers in evaluating and onboarding each dataset. Within this context, you will deliver analysis and insights that influence strategic, tactical, and operational decisions. These data assets are all leveraged to build, improve, and maintain Apple Maps. The position brings leadership, analytical rigor and proven geospatial data management methodologies balanced with the challenges of product strategy & development via continuous improvement — all with an appreciation for end user expectations.
Education & Experience
BS in a quantitative field or degree with GIS speciality, advanced degrees are a plus.