AppleCare Service Procurement Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple is looking for a dynamic, highly motivated Manager of Service Procurement to support one of AppleCare service programs. The Manager of Service Procurement will be responsible for the service procurement strategies and executions for one of more AppleCare service programs. This person will manage a team of individual contributors, and along with them act as a focal point in development, communication, and execution of service supply chain strategies and execution plans to meet AppleCare product service goals.
- Build a self sustaining team. Provide coaching and solid management systems to ensure the team is efficient and highly effective.
- Able to develop strategic organizational changes to focus on each IC's strengths. Provide support in the IC's development and career objectives.
- Prior experience in people management, procurement, reverse logistics, and/or global manufacturing operations.
- Combine a working knowledge of commercial negotiation practices, strong analytical capabilities, and business savvy.
- Must be able to exert tactful influence in a matrixed organization - must be a strong teammate and communicator.
- Be comfortable presenting to executive management.
- Able to think strategically and execute tactically.
- Must possess a persistent attention to detail and a high level of comfort working with numbers.
- APICS certification a plus.
As a AppleCare Service Procurement Manager you will analyze AppleCare service policies for each eligible programs and develop appropriate supply chain strategies in support of AppleCare service policies by aligning and optimizing quality, cost and delivery objectives. You will align AppleCare service supply chain with Apple Finished Goods global footprint to achieve leverage in volume, logistics and infrastructure. Also in this role you will develop commercial model and negotiation strategies to achieve efficient cost target in support of overall service objectives. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and execute global supply chain risk mitigation plans.
Education & Experience
BA/BS Required. MBA Desirable.
- The successful candidate will have 6 plus years Operations experience, preferably in a high tech or computer-related industry.