Technical Engagement Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Sales and Business Development
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we craft products and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, and joining a team where we pride ourselves in being one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world, a career with Apple might be your dream job! We are seeking an experienced Technical Engagement Manager to join the Apple Pay team to develop partnerships and strategic alliances with e-commerce platforms, Payment Service Providers, Processors, and various enablers in the Americas. You will work closely and effectively with Apple Pay business leaders, Worldwide Developer Relations, product marketing, and engineering product teams to execute partnership strategies and close deals that impact core business metrics. You should have experience building and sustaining strong, successful relationships across the e-commerce value chain. You will have extensive experience and knowledge of all aspects of online payments including its inherent risks (e.g. fraud, acceptance costs) and issues (e.g. low conversion); understanding of the e-commerce ecosystem; emerging mobile payments; and be technically proficient to lead iOS and macOS feature enablement discussions. Demonstrated passion to ideate, build and deliver new, innovative customer experiences with merchants and their e-commerce vendors though the introduction of Apple Pay is a plus. The ability to prioritize multiple merchant projects, craft scalable solutions for diverse merchant partners, and provide consistent updates and communication to business leaders will be critical for success in this role. This is a full-time position in Apple Pay and is located in our Cupertino, CA offices.
- Ability to evangelize new payment products and technologies and speak fluidly to positively influence highly technical and non-technical decision makers.
- Skilled at helping partners identify, navigate and overcome technical or detailed complexities to drive adoption of new technology.
- Proven success executing high impact deals that delivered across key business metrics.
- Experience in structuring and negotiating business and technical terms to close with strategic partners.
- Excellent judgment, presence and mature personality; ability to work with executives.
- Direct experience working with (especially promoting payment product acceptance) various online merchant segments, PSPs, payment schemes, and processors.
- Outstanding interpersonal and presentation skills - written and verbal.
- Self-starter who works effectively in a dynamic environment and is comfortable managing ambiguity.
- Adept with technology and a strategic thinker - instinctively knows what is best for Apple and the customer.
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal mentorship.
- Upbeat and collaborative teammate who feeds off of goal setting and achievement.
- Team worker with a demonstrable track record of working with initiative both within and across functions.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Extensive professional experience with excellent and proven related business development experience in high growth consumer internet/technology companies.
Identify and build strategic pipeline of prospective partners with a scalable approach to increase merchant adoption of Apple Pay. Successfully navigate partner landscape to identify key decision makers and negotiate deal terms to close. Participate internally on cross-functional teams to define partners, product requirements, negotiation strategies, integration and testing plans and go-to-market launch programs. Continually manage partnerships delivering new feature enhancements and ongoing support to drive customer trial and usage. Provide regular communications to internal teams regarding partnership strategy and results. Travel is required.
Education & Experience
B.A./B.S./M.S. EE/CS or equivalent required, MBA preferred