Data Center Maintenance Technician- Prineville, OR
Prineville, Oregon, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you dream to work in a creative, dynamic and challenging work environment. We seek a self starter, forward-thinking person with strong leadership capabilities to continuously improve efficiencies for a high-demand Data Center Team.
- Responsible for performing preventative and ongoing maintenance for mechanical, electrical, plumbing and other infrastructure systems in mission-critical, high-risk, or high-reliability environments (data centers, medical facilities, laboratories or utilities infrastructure) to ensure operational efficiency and maximum facility uptime.
- Regularly inspects and monitors equipment and responds to irregular or malfunctioning conditions. Responds quickly to emergency situations that may be detrimental to the facility’s operations and coordinates with other critical facilities professionals to perform corrective repairs.
- Stays in sync with organizational and governmental standards for operations and work safety.
- May maintain multiple components including HVAC systems, air or liquid cooling systems, CRAC/CRAH units, power distribution units, fire systems, life safety systems, etc
- Monitor operation of electrical and mechanical equipment supporting the facility and facility’s critical operations and responds to irregular conditions.
- Responsible for ensuring government regulatory compliance, EPA/OSHA compliance, safety program, CFC handling, and other similar programs with direction from their management team.
- Familiarity with sophisticated equipment monitoring, alarm, and building automated management systems in all aspects of life safety and fire alarm systems.
- Knowledge of various maintenance fundamentals sufficient to take care of service and repairs in a Critical Environment, with preference to Data Center infrastructure experience with accurate and timely completion of work order requests.
We are looking for a great teammate committed to working in a continuously improving, quality environment. As a highly skilled specialist, contributes to the development of concepts and techniques. Completes complex tasks in creative and effective ways. Ability to collaborate and work with multi-functional departments/teams as well as vendors and suppliers. Optimally communicate and interact with management and team personnel as well as customers/suppliers/vendors. Ability to work in a fast pace high volume production data center environment and be able to immediately respond to operational and emergency situations. Maintain reliable and consistent attendance and punctuality.
Education & Experience
High School diploma or GED equivalent or equivalent work experience Certification required Universal Technician for CFC’s or within 90 days of employment
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, stoop, push, pull and reach as required, on a continuous basis, throughout their shift as well as Lift, carry, push/pull up to 75 lbs
- Ability to work extended hours (with accurate hydrations) within a Data Center environment typically within the heat range of 79 degrees Fahrenheit to upwards of 105 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use of appropriate PPE such as ARC Flash suits, coveralls, soldering and welding equipment in various environments with ranging temperatures as listed above.