Software Engineer, Image & Color Processing
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Do you enjoy working on creative products that enrich the lives of all they touch. Apple puts users and user experience first, and is a place where futuristic ideas and innovations have a way of becoming extraordinary products and services. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Video Applications group develops high-profile media creation applications used by millions of people. iMovie, Clips, Final Cut Pro X, Motion, and Compressor are state-of-the-art media authoring tools which consumers and creative professionals rely on for everything from broadcast news and feature films to documentaries and home movies. Our user base is passionate and loyal, and our products sit at the center of a rich ecosystem in a vibrant industry. The Video Applications group is looking for a motivated hands-on engineer to enhance the imaging and color processing tools for our video products. In this role you will help refine our video creation software by combining your passion for image processing and machine learning with a practical application of those disciplines to user facing features.
- Strong programming skills in object oriented programming languages (C++, Objective-C, or Swift)
- Working knowledge of image and video processing techniques and algorithms
- Familiarity with Apple media technologies such as AVFoundation, Core Image, Metal, Vision framework etc.
- Proven ability to develop and ship high quality software products
- Experience with multi-threading, concurrent programming, memory management, and/or performance optimization
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to communicate effectively
This is an extraordinary opportunity to make key contributions to some of Apple’s flagship video applications that reach millions of users. In this role you will design and enhance imaging features that are mission critical for multiple products, and you will feel inspired to find creative solutions to technically challenging problems. We are looking for an individual that can take image processing and machine learning techniques and artfully apply them to user facing features that delight our customers. Solid knowledge of underlying imaging principles and the ability to work up and down the software stack is a key to success in this position. Come join us and help solve complex technical problems while balancing short-term & long-term objectives and communicating technical solutions across all levels of the organization. We promote innovation to improve our product performance and stay deeply focused on delighting our users.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science preferred. 4+ years of software development experience
- Experience developing real-time video applications
- Machine learning experience is a plus.
- macOS and/or iOS development experience