QA/Screener Engineer- Applied Networking
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Applied Networking team is looking for a QA/Screener Engineer to help deliver next generation features and frameworks to customers and other Apple Software Engineering Teams on all platforms. We're looking for critical thinkers to play a key role qualifying software releases, features, and ensuring a high-quality customer experience.
- Screen incoming bugs (understand, reproduce and regress) related to Continuity, system frameworks, AirDrop and multi-device features.
- Understand software components owned by the engineering team.
- Gather and debug information for problem reports.
- Use debugging and performance analysis tools to do initial analysis of bug reports.
- Identify potential trends in incoming bugs and escalate to cross-functional team members.
- Build up an encyclopedic knowledge of bugs in our components.
- Make suggestions to improve test coverage and new product features based on incoming bugs.
As a QA Engineer/Screener you will be responsible for user-focused testing of the Applied Networking feature set on all platforms—iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS. You will work to understand incoming bugs, reduce them to actionable steps, and assign them to appropriate engineers. Additionally, you’ll work alongside engineering teams to test and qualify new and existing features. Excellent communication skills are a must, because of the high level of interaction with the engineering teams, management, other organizations within Apple, as well as the larger developer community. The ideal candidate will be highly technical, detail-oriented, creative, motivated, and focused on achieving results.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or related field, preferred, or equivalent work experience.