Software Products Counsel - Interactive Media Group, Camera & Photos
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your legal expertise to ground breaking and often unexplored aspects of the law. We have a great opportunity for a technology attorney to join our Software Products Legal group, providing primary legal support for Apple’s Interactive Media Group as well as our Camera & Photos team. This is a chance to be part of a hands-on team, dedicated to supporting key Apple software products and initiatives.
- 5+ years of legal experience advising on software and technology related issues, providing practical legal advice, negotiating and drafting agreements
- Experience with audio, video, media and graphics-related technology areas a plus
- Excellent communicator who is able to articulate complex and nuanced legal issues clearly and concisely to frontline business and engineering teams and senior executives alike
- Creative problem-solver who can drive, analyze and help problem solve in innovative and practical ways
- Strong contract drafting skills, adept at putting together agreements for a variety of licensing and technology transactions
- Best suited for a high energy self-starter who loves technology and thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- In-house experience preferred
In this role you will be responsible for supporting and advising Apple’s Interactive Media Group — a key engineering team that provides the audio, video, media and graphics foundations for all of Apple’s innovative products — as well as our Camera & Photos team. As their Products Counsel, your work will touch on areas such as feature/technology research and development, partner arrangements, software licensing, intellectual property, open source, data privacy and regulatory compliance. You will structure, draft and negotiate license, development and other technology agreements, as well as counsel clients on day-to-day legal matters. You will also work as a member of the broader legal team supporting Apple’s products and services. We are looking for someone like you to help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, defend our intellectual property and provide the critical legal support needed for Apple’s software products and businesses. You’ll work with some incredible people and have fun along the way. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.