Wireless SoC Power Analysis Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love crafting elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and deftly handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices.
- Familiarity with ASIC power analysis and optimization
- Good with Verilog and System Verilog.
- Proven experience with script writing in Python or Perl.
- Good knowledge of PTPX and Power Artist tools.
- Familiarity with physical design.
- Experience with SOC design and implementation flow and methodology.
- Silicon power measurement experience is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills are a pre-requisite as the candidate will work with a lot of diverse groups
- Work with multi-functional teams including system architect, application software team, product team to figure out interesting use-cases to simulate; Build and lead the power test cases in DV environment. - Use Power Artist and PTPX based power flow to collect power data on various modules at various stages. - Analyze the power data; Identify power issues attribute to design, implementation or tool flow; - Provide power improvement suggestions and work with multi-functional teams to implement proposed power improvements. - Maintain and improve existing power analysis flow. - Keep track of the key QoR data from each step, including synthesis and P&R. - Provide power projection for the future projects based on analysis.
Education & Experience
BSEE or Computer Science required.