Senior Planning and Operations Manager - Brand Experiences, Programming, Cross-Services
Culver City, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. You bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Programming team is responsible for Creative Strategy and Project Management of all pitches and live projects delivered by the Brand Experience division for Apple Services. As the Senior Planning and Operations Manager you will play a vital role within this rapidly growing division that builds event programs, cultural activations and consumer experiences to support cross functional business teams. We are seeking a hardworking person who can contribute in a team environment and wants to be part of a growing organization. This position requires a proactive, highly collaborative individual with strong communication and leadership skills.
- Minimum of 10+ years experience in a Senior Planning, Operations or Client Service role within an advertising/creative agency or similar organization.
- Proven experience of working on entertainment projects is critical.
- Highly strategic with proven experience of building teams to deliver event programs, live experiences and cultural partnerships that deliver against a brief and timeline, with a demonstrable return on investment.
- Shown experience in tracking and planning resource and workflow across multiple complex concurrent projects in different locations / markets.
- Strong relationships and expansive knowledge of International agencies, vendors and individuals who can help support and deliver pitches and live projects.
- Help to define, install and operate project management systems.
- Able to strategically read and craft briefs and support pitch teams.
- Proficient in Keynote.
- Outstanding attention to detail, while still working under tight deadlines.
- Inventive, adaptable, creative, and results oriented with high energy and a positive attitude.
- Able to quickly build rapport, credibility and influence across multiple partners of all levels of seniority in a highly matrixed organization.
- You have a real passion for entertainment and pop culture and are knowledgable of all types of media with particular expertise in television, film and digital content.
You will be responsible for building and tracking a project pipeline to ensure that all work (whether speculative pitch work or live production) is adequately resourced. Work with the Head of Programming, Programming leads and other heads of departments to set up clear and effective project management processes and ensure that all team members understand and are following them at all times. Define and be responsible for a plan for inducting all new team members (whether FT or contractor) to ensure they understand our process and systems from day one. Build a project tracker for each of the services we support. Own and run weekly team meetings to track projects, pitches and workflow, and set up systems to enable us to respond to fast turn around briefs and changes to projects once live. Support as part of the pitch and delivery team on key pitches and live projects in a strategy and planning function. Identify new partners (individuals, agencies and other external companies) and standard methodology for engaging them in a way that enables them to support us in the most effective way possible. Work with the rest of the team to define an outstanding - and consistent - level of client service across all projects. Ensure that all team members adhere to best practice any all times. Ensure that projects run seamlessly from start to finish, tracking all work against the objectives, strategy and budget set out at the initial briefing stage. Lead responsibility for building and handling a library of creative assets (logos, artwork etc). This role reports directly into the Head of Programming
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience preferred.