Creative Technologist, AR/VR
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. We represent the voice of Apple and offer you the opportunity to do the best work of your career—and have it seen by the millions of people. A Creative Technologist for AR/VR combines both creative and technical skills to design and deliver interactive 3D experience solutions. You will work with Art Directors and cross-functional teams on high-impact projects that serve various Apple lines of business. We use the latest technologies to evolve and deliver solutions on a worldwide scale. Working with a variety of cross-functional teams, we bring together design, experience, and technology to deliver the AR/VR experiences alongside a world-class group of creative technologists.
- 7+ years of experience working in creative/R&D/agency environments.
- A portfolio demonstrating experience with design/development disciplines (AR/VR, native iOS/MacOS applications, installations, motion graphics, 3D, creative coding).
- Ability to craft and communicate thoughtful user experiences.
- Experience with Unity/Unreal and AR/VR development.
- Experience with native iOS/MacOS development skills (Obj-C, Swift, C++, etc).
- Experience with Computer Graphics (Metal/OpenGL/WebGL).
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Motion graphics and 3D software (After Effects, Maya, Blender) skills a plus.
- Strong commitment to explore and learn new technologies, and unafraid to be out of your comfort zone.
- You have excellent presentation, written, and oral skills.
- You are able to collaborate, multitask, and work within deadlines. You thrive in a creative and dynamic work environment.
The Creative Technologist, AR/VR is responsible for driving innovation that enhances and enlivens what is possible in AR/VR. You will help design, prototype, and build immersive experiences which surprise and delight, while pushing the limits of design and technology. This is a highly collaborative environment, and you can expect to work alongside a diverse team of technical and creative individuals on 3D, interactive projects utilizing a combination of emerging technologies. You will be responsible for developing interactive prototypes in order to conceptualize and develop innovative approaches. Your role will involve researching and developing new ideas and techniques as well as coordinating the pixel-perfect implementation of experience design.
Education & Experience
BA/BFA/BS in Graphic Design, Computer Science, Digital Media or equivalent industry experience preferred.