Product Designer, Design Systems
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple Media Products design is seeking a UI designer to focus on standards and consistency across products and services for developers and content partners. The ideal candidate will have a passion for creating and maintaining design systems, and helping product designers in applying them across apps and services to create a suite of elegant provider products. The position requires working across different teams to create consensus and provide deliverables under tight deadlines. Strong communication skills are a must, as well as coolness under pressure, problem solving, attention to detail, and the ability to mediate and cope with rapid change. Above all, the role requires a dedicated individual who understands Apple’s high standards and design aesthetic to the core.
- BFA or BA degree in design related studies is required with a portfolio demonstrating user experience and visual design work
- Experience in unifying and maintaining a UI and UX design across multiple teams with differing goals and priorities—including developing, maintaining, documenting, and gaining adoption of pattern libraries.
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design principles
- Experience working on responsive web apps, and designing for iOS and Cocoa is highly desired
- An understanding of HTML and CSS
- A proven ability to cultivate an environment of teamwork and cooperation, and build partnerships across multiple design organizations.
- Ability to create sketches, wireframes, high fidelity comps, prototypes, redline specs/documentation, and organize them into libraries that are easy and enjoyable for other designers to use.
- Extraordinary ability to advocate for UI consistency with designers, engineers, product managers, and executives through writing, visuals, and presentations.
- Expertise using Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Figma, Invision, and other design related software required
- Familiarity with accessibility standards, inclusive design practices, and accessibility features on Apple operating systems.
You will help product design teams meet customers' high expectations for quality and familiarity by applying system-provided interface elements, icons, text styles, and uniform terminology to new features. Work across content to identify emerging trends, and turn them into reusable patterns. Develop and maintain a pattern library and documentation. Advocate for UI standards and accessibility with designers, engineers, and stakeholders. You will spot opportunities to apply standards to new features, but know and support when it's time for the playbook to evolve. You will identify new design trends emerging in the design community within Apple and at large, and find significant ways to incorporate them into Apple's design language.
Education & Experience
BFA or BA degree in design related studies is required with a portfolio demonstrating user experience and visual design work.