Siri - Sports Backend Engineer, Search
Seattle, Washington, United States
Software and Services
Siri Search helps hundreds of millions of people find the information they're looking for, and a key part of that mission is helping them stay up to date on the latest sports scores and news. Whether they're asking Siri for the score of the Seahawks game, looking up the schedule for Manchester United in Spotlight, or getting the latest news on the NBA draft in Safari, fans rely on us for quick and easy updates on the sports they love. The Siri Search team is looking for people who want to bring their passion for the game to work. We combine strong technical skills, product vision, and a love of sports to bring together the pieces needed to deliver a world-class sports experience.
- You have 5+ years of experience writing high-performance server software on Linux/Unix
- You want to deliver innovative new products to our users, and can design and build the systems to support them.
- You are proficient in two of following languages: C/C++, Go, Python, Java, Scala, Ruby
- You have experience with RESTful services and supporting production environments
- We partner with a variety of cross functional teams across the company. You will need excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively
- You have a passion for sports, and a deep understanding of the game to help us take the Siri sports experience to the next level.
- You have experience with stats.com (http://stats.com) or other sports data API's
- You have experience with Hadoop and extensive experience w/ SQL and NoSQL databases
- You have experience with data transformation pipelines
- You have worked with large scale search and machine learning systems
Apple's Siri team is seeking a Software Engineer who will play a central role in developing sports search features, from managing the big data systems and machine learning algorithms we use to power our results to the finest details in our final UI. As a member of our fast-paced group, you’ll have the unique and rewarding opportunity to shape upcoming products from Apple. We are looking for people with experience in creating rich user interfaces powered by sophisticated, high performance backend systems. THIS ROLE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING RESPONSIBILITIES: - Architect & develop end to end systems to drive new capabilities in the sports space. You will be responsible for the entire backend stack, from data injection and processing to query performance and product design - Collaborate with teams across Apple to ensure features are fully integrated across different platforms - Work closely with operations and project management teams
Education & Experience
MS Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.