Sensing Incubation Hardware Design Engineer EE
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple’s Incubation Hardware & Systems group is seeking a skilled Electrical Engineer with strong capabilities in board and system design. You will be responsible for architecture definition, development, and integration of high performance prototypes of classic, depth, and machine vision imaging systems to achieve Apple’s Incubation and Prototyping goals. This role offers an incredible opportunity to work with and learn from extraordinary team members in multiple disciplines, while contributing on exciting design applications. To be successful, you should be able to thrive in a dynamic, agile, multi-disciplinary, and hands-on environment that values engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation.
- ELECTRONICS EXPERIENCE in the following areas:
- SOC’s, microcontrollers, microprocessors (ARM), FPGA’s
- Processor peripheral interfaces (PCIe, USB, I2C, SPI, storage, high speed serial I/F’s)
- High-speed signaling and camera electrical protocols (e.g., MIPI, LVDS, SDI)
- Sensors or transducers and power supply design
- Strong working knowledge of Signal and Power Integrity and best practices for PCB layout and construction
- Experience in taking designs through manufacturing, perform mechanical assembly for quick prototypes, and bring-up/debug & validation of digital designs.
- Experience with lab equipment, including oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and multi-meters
Collaborating cross-functionally with various hardware and software teams to define prototype hardware to evaluate new technologies and features is critical. As the Hardware Design Engineer you will be leading deliverables to align with project goals while ensuring thorough and precise documentation of various steps from concept to architecture and through manufacturing and use. This includes the following: Propose, negotiate, and design EE solutions to achieve functional and performance objectives Design & schematic capture of digital and some analog electrical circuits and systems Lead and review PCB layout Build proof-of-concept and initial prototype hardware Create and execute plans to bring-up & validate designs for function and performance Debug and support prototype designs Manage CM interactions and support CM test during system builds
Education & Experience
MSEE with 5+ years of industry experience or BSEE with 7+ years of industry experience