Warehouse & Recycling Operations Manager – Apple Recycling
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Are you a creative thinker and self-starter? Do you thrive in a startup-like environment and seek to be a part of something bigger? Are you passionate about recycling and working towards a closed loop supply chain? Apple is looking for a collaborative, highly experienced professional to serve as an Operations Manager. The ideal candidate will successfully get along with internal teams and groups to understand requirements and to provide service and support for Apple internal recycling needs to ensure that brand and environmental protection requirements are consistently met. A shown ability to manage a manufacturing environment, provide operations/logistics support, and effectively interact within the company is critical. We celebrate diversity and the innovation that it spurs in everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- Minimum of 8 years of related warehouse/manufacturing management experience required.
- Management and development of manufacturing process and/or industrial process engineering.
- Management of labor forces and manufacturing/warehouse teams.
- Experience in warehouse setup and design (product slotting, production/workforce optimization, and lean analysis/strategies)
- Ability to develop and review metrics (KPIs) and generate reports/dashboards on performance & efficiency including but not limited to: operation process/efficiency, regulatory compliance, budget, time delivery, order accuracy, fulfillment rates, fixed asset tracking, and targets on key turnarounds/audits/improvements)
- Management of shipping & receiving operation as well as stock room materials.
- Minimize process inventory and achieve the highest level of inventory accuracy.
- Ability to document and resolve any discrepancies and concerns in the warehouse and recycling operations.
- Management of capital improvement strategies and projects.
- Management of cost control/reduction & project schedules/logistics.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with internal & external stakeholders at the highest level to meet operational and customer service needs.
- Well versed in current practices, rules, and regulations surrounding safe warehouse/manufacturing operations.
- Ability to ensure all activities by employees or suppliers meet or exceed regulatory performance requirements and promote a positive health and safety culture.
- Experienced and proficient in maintaining a working competency of California hazardous waste regulations.
- Familiarity with manufacturing recycling technologies and techniques.
- Ability to develop standard operating procedures and participate in continuous process improvement activities.
- Lead a team of production, shipping, receiving staff and subordinates.
- Including staff from external vendors.
- Oversee the hardware reuse programs for materials that are destined for internal re-use. Explore and develop other creative potential reuse opportunities received into the facility. Undertake identified process reviews, compliance audits/inspections/certifications, and development & implement team trainings.
- Bi-lingual language skills desired (English + Spanish).
The candidate will be responsible for daily warehouse and recycling operations functions supporting Apple’s recycling, security and closed-loop goals. Apply the latest tools to optimize the process and meet productivity objectives. Manage and schedule freight and inter-site pickups. The candidate also provides daily direction and leadership to the Operations Leads and Onsite Supplier’s team, ensuring compliance of all Apple policies, procedures, EHS requirements, and pertinent State & local regulatory standards. Highly organized with extensive experience in manufacturing and production tracking and analysis. You will have excellent verbal communication and the ability to build and support business relationships, and proven ability to excel at both the corporate and team level. Ability to think critically, analyze data and business processes, and recommend/lead all aspects of viable and innovative solutions. Outstanding ability to collaborate with stakeholders/team and ability to proactively identify and solve problems. Able to work on and prioritize multiple tasks and work well under pressure.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in technical or supply chain, industrial engineering, manufacturing, and/or recycling operation discipline.