Sr. Software Engineer - Data Services, Apple Media Products
New York City, New York, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Apple Media Products (iTunes) Data Services Team is looking for extraordinary engineers to design and build best of breed systems for dealing with our complex and ever-growing data and infrastructure needs. We are a key part of the Apple ecosystem, supporting millions of users and billions of transactions. We’re looking for someone ready to work at huge scale and have a hand in bringing amazing new products and services to market. We partner with a variety of cross and multi-functional team members from a diverse array of groups across the company. You will join a hands-on development team that fosters creativity and generates novel solutions to deliver engineering excellence. Do you want to be a part of an innovative, impactful team making a difference?
- At least 5 years of professional software development experience in Java and/or C++ with Object oriented concepts and design
- Experience and deep understanding of Kafka
- Experience with scalable data stores like Cassandra, Redis, and/or Voldemort
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs and services. gRPC is a plus
- Experiences with large code bases
- Strong production debugging and performance tuning skills
- Strong understanding of data architecture and related problems
- Experience working on complex problems and distributed systems where scalability and performance are extremely important (every millisecond counts)
- You should be independent and able to effectively work with multi-functional teams
- Our customers love what we do at Apple and we want the same from our engineers - passion for building the best systems!
The Apple Media Products Engineering team supports tens of millions of pieces of content in more than 150 markets enjoyed by hundreds of millions of users, which powers various features within the Apple client applications - App Store, Apple Music, Apple TV+, iTunes, iBooks, Podcast, etc. We’ve got unique and growing needs for data storage and consumption. You will help building the next generation infrastructure and platform services using structured and unstructured storage, caching, queueing, and much more. You’ll collaborate cross-functionally with various AMP teams, from store and commerce through to search and recommendations, creating platforms and pipelines that can rapidly scale to serve personalized and non-personalized data with very low latency. You should be someone who is not afraid to question assumptions, is a standout colleague under tight deadlines, and takes on problems with elegant technical solutions.
Education & Experience
Minimum Bachelor Degree in Computer Science. Masters preferred.
- Experience with compute/container platforms such as AWS EC2, K8s is highly preferred Experience in UI/UX and AngularJS is a plus Experience in distributed data store replication and CRDT is a plus