Manager/Engineering Lead- Collection System Hardware, 3D Vision
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
3D Vision within Apple Maps is seeking an experienced Systems Engineer who will lead the development of new innovative collection systems. The responsibilities include evaluating new technologies, development, testing, certification, manufacturing preparation and sustained engineering. Our collection systems includes a number of technical areas, mechanical and electrical engineering, sensor and GPS technology, onboard compute and storage requirements.
- Hands-on experience in systems engineering across all product phases, along with demonstrated technical leadership.
- Deep knowledge of Product Development processes, understanding the roles of a proof-of-concept, prototype, early sample products and eventually production units.
- Multiple years experience leading cradle-to-grave Product Development
- Your technical depth and expertise should include 2 or more engineering disciplines including solid understanding of mechanical engineering fundamentals
- Familiarity with multiple manufacturing techniques such as machining, die-cutting, thermoforming, and sheet metal
- Experience working directly with vendors on manufacturing, quality, and assembly line issues
- Ability to lead projects cross-functionally
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills with proven teamwork and leadership skills.
Our engineering culture is innovative, collaborative and focused on doing the right thing with an empowered team of engineers. Over the years our ability to innovate and develop new collection systems has had great impact on new features and products for maps, also impacting the way our maps are built and maintained. Being able to continue that tradition is crucial for the team and Apple Maps. You should have a genuine technical interest and like to lead hands-on, while also understanding the freedom this challenge will give you. Your records should include successful development of complex systems, a broad technical background with proven ability to evaluate new technology and track record of using/building analysis tools and models.
Education & Experience
Degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, and/or industry experience
- • Ability to complete task in time
- • Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- • Good written and verbal skills
- • Self-starter with excellent time management skills and entrepreneurial spirit
- • Manage multiple demanding deadlines
- • Be able to work across multiple teams to get things done