Estimate Planning Lead- Retail Real Estate & Development
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Are you passionate about using your knowledge to navigate complex challenges? Join us, and you’ll have a meaningful role in continuing Apple’s legacy of efficiency and success.
- 10+ years of retail or commercial construction experience in a global role; industries of preferred experience: hospitality, offices, civic, museum buildings, or luxury retail
- 7+ years providing conceptual estimating services and/or pre-construction services at a general contractor or construction/cost management firm
- Experience overseeing direct staff responsible for delivering estimating services as an owner or consultant
- Expertise in estimating software such as Cost X, WinEst, Sage or equivalent
- Expertise in cost management software such as PMWeb, eBuilder, Procor, or equivalent
- Experience estimating innovative systems such as facades, glazing, vertical transportation, MEP and luxury interiors
Drive cost savings through leveraging a cost estimating software to prepare detailed cost estimates. Develop market specific labor & material cost impact studies to support WW portfolio of projects Leverage Business Intelligence and Analytics to drive real time cost models across all project types Be the subject matter expertise to influence future Digital Solutions that impact Development Develop and recommend new cost based for future store design. Provide guidance for project risk analyses for individual projects and across geographic regions Liaise with R&D to provide estimating support on active Innovations that have programmatic impact Assess cost effectiveness of alternate products and value engineering ideas at a programmatic level Recommend adjustments to estimating processes and tools based on global oversight Support preparation of Leadership presentations for which Pre-construction Estimating team is involved Support training to Development and external Estimating teams on new project estimating tools/templates Regularly interacts with executives and/or major customers; interactions frequently involve strong communication, presentation, and negotiation skills; Influence senior-level leaders regarding matter significance to the organization
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or similar discipline We are looking for a highly motivated and proactive thinker who can think strategically and stay connected to our customers. The ideal candidate will possess a high level of integrity, creativity, initiative, accountability, communication and interpersonal skills, with a commitment to teamwork and excellence.