Senior DevOps Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Be ready to make something great when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. You should join the Retail Apps Team if you want to help deliver the next amazing app that helps our employees help our customers. With your passion and dedication to running successful projects there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- 5+ years of experience in SRE/DevOps
- Excellent Python, bash, and scripting fundamentals
- Extensive experience in managing applications on AWS
- Proficient with containerization and cluster management technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Able to build tools from scratch when needed
- Strong Experience in administering the big data clusters (like Cassandra, Hadoop etc.)
- Continually improve CI/CD tools, processes and procedures
- Build tools to monitor & alert the high performance and low latency applications.
- Ability to solve core network, system & performance issues.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, for collaborating across many participating teams.
- Technical skills in JVM application management, NoSQL, CDN technologies, network analysis tools, distributed systems will be key to success in identify production issue.
Be part of a dynamic product team with a rare and rewarding opportunity to: - Shepherd zero-downtime deployment process through the use of continuous delivery practices, rapidly releasing features - Work multi-functionally with quality engineering, security, and development teams to craft solutions - Developing self-service tools to enhance developer productivity for application management - Actively analyze and handle issues on with platforms before they impact customers - Be a key player in improving operational maturity though producing long term fixes from issues identified from on-call rotation - Collaborate on microservices systems architecture design.
Education & Experience
BS degree in Computer Science or Information Management plus 4+ years experience.