Senior Server Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Strong object oriented programming and design skills
- Expertise in Java (J2EE / J2SE) and related technologies: Spring Framework, JUnit / TestNG
- Significant experience developing and implementing high volume web applications.
- Experience in building RESTful services
- Excellent knowledge of data structures, algorithms, design patterns, enterprise architecture and software engineering principles
- Good communication and personal skills: ability to interact and work well with members of other functional groups in a project team and a strong sense of project ownership
- Strong programming expertise in Java, Multi-threading, Non-blocking IO, Akka, Kafka
- Hands on experience publishing and consuming RESTful services (Swagger, WADL etc).
- Experience with relational databases such as Oracle is a requirement. This would include schema design, writing DDL, DML queries and performance tuning queries.
- Experience in containers like Docker and deploying code to cloud platforms like AWS, Azure or private cloud.
- Experience using Git and CI/CD pipelines.
- Should have a deep understanding of NoSQL storage solutions viz. Cassandra, Couchbase
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, for collaborating across many participating teams.
- Should have a strong UNIX background and comfortable writing Unix scripts.
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
- A proven track record working effectively across teams. One of the cool things about Apple is how much you will work with people who have different expertise and responsibilities than you: apps, sensors, connectivity, and others. You’ll need to communicate clearly, plan collaboratively, execute flexibly, and cope with what will sometimes feel like a high degree of uncertainty.
Join Apple’s Retail Apps engineering team as a Software Engineer where you will help build innovative software applications. Candidate should have development and implementation experience of large scale mission critical applications while working with a team of elite engineers. Your responsibilities will include all aspects of software development management, from design and analysis to development, implementation and maintenance. You must be a proactive and hardworking individual. As a Software Engineer, you will be a contributing member of a team that implements new product features, improves existing product features, while adding performance and software quality metrics to our codebase. You will work closely with business partners, other engineering teams, quality assurance, management, as well as human interface and user experience designers. Duties and Responsibilities: - Lead and mentor other engineers in the team - Architect creative products, and innovate new technologies & solutions, play a hands-on development and design role, and deliver product in a rapid and dynamic environment - Design and develop highly scalable, reliable and secure web applications - Design and develop RESTFUL WebServices - Collaborate with peers on technical design, work estimation and implementation of new features - Work with project managers and technical teams, in a multi-functional environment, to implement quality products that meet the business goals. - Collaborate with other engineers on code reviews, internal infrastructure, and process improvements - Quickly build new ideas to get user feedback - Continually improving software development processes and practices This challenging position will require a self-starter who can effectively lead multiple projects simultaneously, meet aggressive deadlines, and who thrives in a multifaceted environment. You can expect a high-profile position on a great team with many challenges and rewards
Education & Experience
BS degree in Computer Science or Information Management plus 4+ years experience.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more.
- Apple's committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more.