Product Manager, TV App Integrations
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, we don’t just create products. We create products, services, and experiences that redefine what customers expect and revolutionize entire industries. Join the team that dreams up what’s next, and that does everything necessary to make it happen. Bring your passion, dedication, and focus, and help invent the future. Are you interested in making a difference in how millions of people watch TV? Do you enjoy working with partners to create products that customers would love? We have an opportunistic position for a senior product manager for our 3rd-party app integrations, enabling customers to enjoy the shows, sports, news, and events they love. In this role for TV App Integrations, you will help define and build the product roadmap to create experiences that make it simple and delightful for customers to watch TV—while also building a platform for video partners worldwide to reach their audience and grow their subscribers. This role is cross-functional, and you will collaborate with a wide range of teams, including business, product, engineering, design, operations, legal, finance, marketing communications, to name a few. To be successful, you should be customer-focused, highly analytical, team-focused, thrive in ambiguous environments, and love sports and entertainment.
- 10+ years of experience in software/media product management, product development, or technology.
- Experience leading aspects of roadmap strategy and definition, product requirements, feature delivery and trade offs of a product, end to end product delivery.
- Have a background in digital video and/or media
- Experience chipping in to engineering discussions about technology decisions and product strategy.
- Experience finding avenues to understand customers’ needs and work in their feedback into your product roadmap.
- Experience with global teams and internationally operated services.
- You put what’s in the best interest of customers above all else.
- You have strong consumer product instincts and intuitively understand why product ideas will succeed
- Have high standards and strive for the best experience, but are willing to make compromises when necessary.
- Excel at leading through influence, debate, and telling compelling stories directly and indirectly.
- Self-aware and savvy in tailoring your message to your audience as well as delivering it in a clear, concise, and confident manner.
- Extraordinary at building presentations, documents and presenting them at all levels of the organization.
- Deeply value attention-to-detail and believe that an extraordinary product is the sum of an inordinate number of small, thoughtful decisions.
- Proficient with key players, technologies, capabilities, and competitors of Apple services.
- Able to use data and insights to align people on which problems to prioritize and tackle in order to deliver what’s best for customers.
- Unflappable with working in situations where there is ambiguity yet thrive in finding solutions on your own or with peers.
Develop a detailed understanding of the video market segments, and continually assess the competitive landscape and emerging industry trends. Develop a multi-year roadmap that delivers on the product strategy and vision through collaboration with business, product, design, and engineering teams. Drive many teams across Apple to bring the roadmap to life. Partner with analytics and research groups to discover challenges and pursue opportunities that help make Apple’s TV app an experience customers love. Meet with video distribution partners—in conjunction with our business teams—to develop the ultimate platform for them. Lead, coordinate, and review launch activities or deliverables for new features in conjunction with business, public relations, AppleCare, marketing communications, and many others.
Education & Experience
BS/BA degree or equivalent working experience.