Java Backend Engineer, Universal Media
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple first revolutionized downloadable music with the iTunes Store. Our App Store then ignited a cultural, social and economic phenomenon that changed how people work, play, meet, travel and so much more. Apple Media Products (AMP) is the team behind the App Store, iTunes Store, Apple Music, Apple TV+, and many other products on the iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV. Today Apple continues to push the boundaries of innovation. At Apple, new ideas have a way of quickly becoming category-defining products, services, and customer experiences. With your passion and dedication there's no telling what you could accomplish here.
- You bring 3 years experience in a professional software development position
- Are you passionate about sharing your in-depth knowledge and experience building applications? We value experience in Java or similar object oriented programming languages
- We value your past work with relational and/or NoSQL database systems such as Oracle Database, MySQL, Cassandra, MongoDB, Amazon DynamoDB, etc.
- You have a proven understanding of dependency injection systems, for example Spring and Guice
- You are familiar with micro-services architecture and server side technologies
- If you have experience writing REST API's, that is helpful but not required
- Your experience with business rule expert systems or machine learning systems is a plus
- We value a candidate with aptitude to independently learn new technologies and value life-long learning
- You share our value of a collaborative team
- You share our belief in automation and tooling as a critical part of the software lifecycle
The Universal Media team seeks a self-starting, energetic, back-end software engineer who is not afraid to question assumptions as they build large-scale, data-driven systems. Our team focuses on sophisticated services and tools that bridge the worlds of automation and human task management. The team powers services such as Apple TV+ and Apple TV Channels. We are the back-end data team driving the video experience on products like the TV App on all of Apple's platforms - iOS, MacOS and tvOS. We are looking for someone with an excellent understanding of how to model data, design workflows, balance between synchronous and asynchronous processing. We're looking for an individual who loves a challenge, tackles problems with imaginative solutions, works well in collaborative teams, and can produce high quality software under tight deadlines and constraints. You will join a hands-on software development team that fosters creativity and generates novel solutions to deliver engineering excellence.