Machine Learning Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly! If you are an ambitious, high-energy individual who is not afraid of challenges, we’re looking for you. Apple is seeking a senior level Data Scientist to join a team passionate about Machine Learning applications for Apple Media Products (AMP), covering the App Store, Apple Music/iTunes, Video and other services. This role will involve working with Internet-scale data across numerous product and customer touch points, undertaking in-depth analysis as well as modeling, and building end-to-end Machine Learning applications to tackle the problem. The team’s culture is centered around rapid iteration with open feedback and debate along the way, plus strong collaboration with product, engineering, business, and marketing partners.
- 4+ years of experience in machine learning or software engineering.
- Proven programming skills in at least one of the general programming languages such as Python, Java, C++.
- Hands-on experience with big data technologies such as SQL, Hadoop or Spark.
- Experience with Information Retrieval, Recommendation Systems or Natural Language Processing a plus.
- Experience with machine learning frameworks such as Scikit-Learn, Keras, Tensorflow a plus.
- Full-stack development experience for end to end machine learning solution preferred.
- Familiarity with data visualization tools such as D3, Tableau a plus.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills with meticulous attention to detail.
You will dive deep into AMP’s data to uncover trends, identify key insights and create machine learning application that will improve the entire analytics efforts. You will participate in crafting and implementation of end-to-end Machine Learning system and bring state-of-art machine learning methods into real application. You will be collaborating with product, business, marketing, finance to solve real business problems and deliver solutions. You will be partnering with other Apple organizations on data gathering, data governance, evangelizing key performance indicators and democratizing data.
Education & Experience
Master’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering or other relevant field with equivalent technical experiences.