Electrical Engineer- 3D Vision
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
3DV builds custom data collection systems combining images, 3D point cloud, and position to support our global mapping operations. In addition to collecting complete and accurate data, we strive to build systems that are durable and reliable with minimal downtime.
- Strong knowledge of electrical design fundamentals
- Product design experience
- Experience in hardware design, low level programming and debug for embedded applications including the following:
- -SOCʼs, microcontrollers, microprocessors (ARM), FPGAʼs
- -Processor peripheral interfaces (PCIe, USB, I2C, SPI, storage, high speed serial I/Fʼs)
- -High-speed signaling and camera electrical protocols (e.g., MIPI (CSI/DSI, D-PHY, C-PHY), LVDS, SDI)
- Experience designing systems incorporating Inertial Measurement Units; Design for optimal performance of GNSS antennas; thorough understanding of variables impacting GNSS antenna and overall IMU performance.
- Experience with the development and analysis of experiments to root- cause challenging electrical problems.
- Deep understanding of EMC design best practices.
- Familiarity with large-scale EM simulations such as FEKO, CST, Ansys (HFSS,Q2D/Q3D)
- Proficient working knowledge of Signal Integrity and Power Integrity
- Extensive knowledge of measurement equipment including oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzer, logic analyzer, network analyzer, signal generator, antennas, coupling clamps, field probes, ESD equipment, etc.
- You will have strong experience in a scripting language such as Python or MATLAB to automate instruments and analyze data.
- Familiarity with PCB design.
- Knowledge of computer vision, sensor fusion and image processing
-Design of complex systems incorporating precision sensor components such as cameras, laser scanners and GNSS/IMU positioning systems. Full ownership of product from concept through manufacturing and test/qualification. -Test and validation of all electrical components. Author clear and comprehensive electrical test documentation for manufacturing partners/suppliers to perform OQC test and validation. -Design, fabricate, and maintain custom test and calibration equipment. -Author detailed specifications for electrical/sensor components and identify appropriate components/vendors. -Lead and develop Module/System EMC/EMI/RFI specifications, measurements and testing/validation and troubleshooting. -Debug EE issues, including power quality, high-speed signal integrity and I2C interface performance. In this role, you will work closely with multi-disciplinary team to develop and integrate hardware systems for 3DV products. The position requires the ability for independent detailed design work as well as high level system understanding. Also required are excellent communication and leadership skills, with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. •Prototyping proof of concepts •Ownership of electrical designs •Provide guidance for make-buy decisions •Vetting and selection of suppliers •Schematic creation and layout responsibility •Bring-up and debug •Hardware validation
Education & Experience
BS, MS, or Ph.D. in CS, EE, physics or related discipline.