HID, Software Engineering Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Human Interface Devices iOS Software team is responsible for delivering high-quality drivers, frameworks and tools supporting sensing technologies across all Apple products. Primarily supporting the Multitouch technology, we have deep experience developing systems software and building stacks that enable the best user-experience. We work closely with Algorithms, Firmware, Design, and UI teams to ensure sensor and software performance is optimized across all layers of the stack. We are looking for a passionate engineering manager to lead the team responsible for Multitouch on iPad and Pencil. The ideal candidate would have experience leading systems software development, including drivers and frameworks, for user-facing sensors on a mobile platform.
- Architecture experience designing and shipping sensor drivers and frameworks
- 2 or more years of experience managing a software development team
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong C/C++ and object-orientated programming skills
- Ability to quickly familiarize yourself with code you’ve never seen before, and understand the pertinent functionality
- Self directed, analytical, and comfortable working in a team environment
- Excellent at presenting technically to Executive and leadership teams
We design high-quality software that enables input devices and user-facing sensors across the iOS ecosystem. We are a team of passionate engineers that appreciate interfaces and architectures designed to support a wide range of applications. Our team cares deeply about user-experience, and how to build software that can enable industry-leading experiences like the Pencil and iPad. As a manager in HID Software team, you will lead a small team supporting sensor software development for upcoming iOS releases. You’ll be responsible for driving the development process, collaborating with senior team members to define high-level architecture, working closely with multi-functional partners to define requirements, and providing representation & status updates to key partners in the program.
Education & Experience
B.S. or higher in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science