Leader of Battery Materials / Technologies
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you have a passion for invention and self-challenge? Are you seeking to push the limits of what’s considered feasible? As part of our Battery Engineering group, craft creative battery solutions that deliver more energy in smaller spaces than ever before. We work across disciplines to transform improved hardware elements into a single, integrated design. Join us, and you’ll help us innovate new battery technologies that continually outperform the previous iterations. By collaborating with other product development groups across Apple, you’ll push the industry boundaries of what batteries can do and improve the product experience for our customers across the world. We are looking for someone with deep materials and chemistry experience in the production and technology advancement of lithium ion batteries for consumer electronic products. The successful candidate will lead internal research teams and be responsible for technology developments with our partners worldwide.
- Must have hands-on experience of lithium-ion battery chemistry development with at least two cycles of chemistry generation/platform developments. Track record of delivering the developments to mass production.
- Possess deep reasoning ability through materials language down to atomic level to solve unusually challenging battery problems. Strong educational background and credentials. Advanced degree preferred in related disciplines.
- Be a clear and persuasive communicator both spoken and written.
- Be able to lead the team through execution and be mindful of the operational tradeoffs (cost, quality, safety, etc.)
- Dynamic personality of an effective leader. Strong execution, both in terms of passion and track record, with the capability to lead high tech Cupertino based battery lab facilities. Demonstrate strategic thinking and strong planning capabilities
In this role you will lead internal research teams and be responsible for battery materials technology developments with our partners worldwide.
Education & Experience
STEM Degree - Ph.D. Preferred