Sr Payments Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple phenomenalat ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job, and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- To be successful in this role, you will need to be an expert in the following areas:
- Chip&Pin technologies (especially EMV L2, Contactless kernels)
- Knowledge of Bank messaging specifications (ISO-8583)
- Knowledge of online PIN protocols (ANSI x9.24 / DUKPT / Master Session)
- PCI compliance and Card security, Software security Standards
- Java / Objective C / Swift
- Oracle, MySQL, Cassandra
- HTTP(S), TCP/IP protocols, Bluetooth, REST, SOAP architecture.
- Maven / Gradle build tool and D2P processes.
- In addition to expertise in the above, you will also need to have a good understanding of the following:
- We want to see strong interpersonal skills and experience of communication with payment vendors across the globe.
- Knowledge of the methods of performance improvements, multithreading, and event-driven processing is necessary.
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly and deliver results on time with high quality
- eCommerce / Banking / Retail industry experience
- Finally, you will have a clear advantage over other candidates by demonstrating knowledge of Mobile App developments, Interacting with the Peripherals over Bluetooth, Cryptography, Device Drivers, and MFi certification.
As a Sr Payments Software Engineer on our team, you will help build a next-generation payment platform that will push the boundaries in new markets for Apple Retail. You will also be responsible for integrating payment devices, middleware and acquirers into our retail solution. You will be working with business partners, store personnel, banking partners and cross-functional teams within Apple to develop software, controls and processes for payment processing. In this role, you will get the opportunity to gain experience with global payment solutions in the retail industry. You will increase your expertise in the payment industry with hands-on experience on devices, protocols and processes, and learning from the collective experience of a team of very knowledgeable payment experts.
Education & Experience
B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science with at least 5 years of industry experience.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law.
- Apple's committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.