Engineering Project Manager
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. IS&T Point of Sale (POS) Engineering team is responsible for the technology and IT systems used to enable Apple Retail Stores service millions of customers and are an industry leader in Retail. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are looking for individuals with a solid track record and experience in Program Management who feel equally passionate about retail industry in developing innovative solutions together with talented engineering teams. Your ability to handle multiple partners and projects from initiation to completion, while providing consistent updates and communication to business leaders, will be necessary for success in this role. You should be structured, disciplined, and utilize a strong technical background to prioritize and tackle complex problems. Your attention to detail, focus on excellent customer solutions, and ability to lead and drive large cross functional teams will be critical.
- 10+ years of experience in project /product management
- Experience project managing complex, cross functional projects in Agile methodologies
- Expertise in retailer environments, in-store capabilities and merchandising strategies to provide the best customer experiences while delivering sales impact for the business
- Expertise in developing and releasing a consumer product
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, for collaborating across many international teams / contractors of different cultural backgrounds
- You know how to get things done, and have previous people management experience. You are effective in both direct and virtual team leadership
- Ability to manage project constraints time, cost and quality
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent oral, written and business presentation skills for various levels of audience including senior leadership
- Self-starter, forward-thinking with strong leadership capabilities
- macOS and/or iOS experience
Coordinate and manage large cross functional teams - internal and external - Apple Retail, Finance, Networking, SAP, Apple Online Stores, HelpLine, Retail Systems, Operations and external partners. Execute and deliver on exciting and innovative retail programs. Utilize your structured, disciplined, and strong technical background to prioritize and solve problem. Provide the required hands-on software development and project management, cross-functional coordination, and inter/intra team communications to deliver outstanding program outcomes. Work closely with software engineers, QA, product managers and other engineering teams to get high-quality products and features through the software project lifecycle (build, test and release on time).
Education & Experience
BS ME/EE/CE degree or equivalent PMP, MBA a plus
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law.
- Apple's committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.