Strategic Data Solutions - Data Engineer Intern
Sacramento, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Passion is part of our DNA. The people at Apple strive to bring their best to everything they do every day. We innovate down to the details and bring outstanding products and services to the teams we support. At Apple, we make extraordinary products that empower people to improve their health. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourage the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Do you want to be part of a team critical to the success of Apple? Are you a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics major who is passionate for creative problem solving? Would you like to apply your educational experience to real world problems? Do you dream at night of your future in a role at the most influential technical company in the world. If you handle pressure and timelines with ease; are a phenomenal team player; and passionate about the future... we’re looking for you! Our commitment to you: We will provide you with a challenging opportunity that you will be proud to have accomplished at Apple. As we learn more about you, we’ll help connect you with mentors and teammates that can help guide you in your growth; whether it’s in data science, engineering, project management, or design. We will expose you to extraordinary character-building leadership programs that will prepare you for future leadership opportunities. What we expect: High energy, never say die attitude. Bring your A-Game every single day and be prepared to be the best version of you. Bring your creative energy and be ready to challenge and be challenged to go above and beyond.
- Involvement in designing highly scalable data pipelines
- Developing logical and physical data models for big data platforms to provide efficient reporting and analytics capability
- Working with high volume, business-critical, transactional and complex data profiles
- Developing efficient solutions for modeling, processing, and persisting data
- Involvement in all the phases of software development within the team
- Interact with other functional teams or members to deliver best-in-class products in an exciting fast-paced environment
During your internship on the Strategic Data Solutions team, you will be participating in design, modeling, development and testing of SDS systems. You will also contribute in high level design discussions regarding system architecture and features. In accordance with your area of study, we will assign you a project related to system development, optimizations or new technology development. You will be partnered with an experienced teammate and together you will push the boundaries of whats possible.
Education & Experience
Currently enrolled in a degree-granting program pursuing a B.S. or M.S. in computer science, computer engineering, or closely related fields with equivalent experience. Returning to school after your internship.
- - Passionate about solving business problems with data
- - Willingness to learn new languages and technologies
- - Strong computer science fundamentals, including data structures, algorithms, and software design
- - Deliver high-quality software using industry’s best practices
- - Knowledge/Experience with programming languages: Java, Scala, Python
- - Highly desirable to have knowledge of distributed data processing platforms (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka, etc.)
- - Attention to details and concern of accuracy