Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple we tackle large scale engineering challenges to provide amazing intuitive products to our users. To build, maintain, and extend the necessary architecture for these tasks Apple is looking for an excellent software engineer like you. For Apple, algorithms, infrastructure, quality assurance and reporting are tightly integrated. You can expect to interact consistently with senior engineers and researchers. We are able to deliver best-in-class products because we are committed to code quality, testability and maintainability, critical skills to pick up in the early part of a software engineering career. We are looking for talents like you to bring your knowledge and your passion to the team.
- 3+ years experience in test automation or related areas
- Strong practical knowledge of Python and other scripting language
- Strong knowledge of software development lifecycle, testing methodologies, QA terminology and processes
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills, be able to describe and document clearly
- Ability to multi-task and lead tasks with varying priorities
- Ability to work multi-functionally with other teams and groups
- Experience in popular Database management software, e.g. SQL
- Experience with tools like Xcode and CMake are a bonus
As a Software Automation Engineer, you will work closely with software design and development teams to understand architectural diagrams, and utilize the information to develop automated QA strategies. You will be responsible for crafting and maintaining automation frameworks, and developing new automation test cases used in the testing of computer vision algorithms and applications. This also includes monitoring algorithm performance & testing result analysis, tracking bug reports and driving them to resolution.
Education & Experience
BS or MS CS/CE/EE (or equivalent)
- Experience with computer vision/video processing preferred
- Experience with image evaluation and performance testing preferred