Retail Experience Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it! The Channel Ops Interactive Technology Team is currently looking for an individual to fill the position of Retail Experience Engineer. This role will assist in a variety of customer-facing projects, bringing the next generation of only-Apple experiences to in over 250K Channel points-of-sale worldwide! The candidate should have a passion for Apple, and must be comfortable working in a fast-paced dynamic team environment. Being extremely detail oriented and proactive is a must for this position.
- Minimum 3-5 years technical project leadership experience.
- Expert user of macOS and iOS, Apple Apps, and Apple hardware products.
- Passion for next-gen technologies including, but not limited to, VR, AR, AI, ML, and 5G.
- Experience deploying next-gen technologies in a retail environment.
- A portfolio demonstrating experience with design/development disciplines (AR/VR, native iOS/MacOS applications, installations, motion graphics, 3D, creative coding).
- Ability to navigate in a matrixed, highly XF project environment.
- Able to deliver results in a fast-paced ever-changing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Keynote.
- Strong sense of empathy and an interest in learning new areas of the business.
- Lead the prototype development of next-gen experiences throughout retail environments of Apple’s partner stores. - Create a variety of experiences with the guidance of the broader Demo Engineering team, as well as cross-functional teams, with the intention of piloting in stores worldwide. - Influence our cross-functional partners, while working collaboratively, to ensure pilots have a path to scale. - Develop both 3D interactive experiences, and standard iOS/macOS applications, when necessary. - Create wireframes and mockups of experiences that can be used to evangelize ideas and strategic direction with executives. - Help to research new technologies and support our retail strategic roadmap.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree required
- Apple is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.