Sr. Cross Functional Test Lead
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Do you like to be around people who love technology, and you like to be around technology that loves people? Apple offers a work environment unlike any other. There's the typical job. Punch in, push paper, punch out, repeat. Then there's a career at Apple. Where you're encouraged to defy routine. To explore the far reaches of the possible. To travel uncharted paths. And to be a part of something far bigger than yourself. Because around here, changing the world just comes with the job description. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionised entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The IS&T Retail Systems is looking for a Senior Cross Functional Test Lead to join our group. In this role you will be responsible for planning, coordination, execution, and continuous improvement of processes for end to end integration testing.
- 7+ years of experience leading a team as QA Lead
- Strong experience developing and implementing test plans, QA processes and methodologies
- Strong experience performing manual and automation testing
- Strong experience in test data and environment setup for end to end testing
- Able to quickly identify and understand issues
- Outstanding team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work cross functionally
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Able to work under pressure and comfortable working in dynamic environment
- Able to collaborate with business partners, developers, and various support teams to troubleshoot and resolve defects and issues
- Strong capabilities in end to end software testing in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
This position demands an ambitious individual with strong technical and interpersonal skills who can contribute in a team environment. This candidate must be able to create and present risks and mitigations to Senior Management. Day to day work involves the following: Lead testing efforts for multiple cross functional retail projects with concurrent timelines Establish QA standards, guidelines, technologies, and approaches for the projects and for the testing team Run and coordinate onsite and offshore testing team activities Actively participate in development and execution of test processes, strategies, and plans Work with Automation Lead to reduce regression test cycles with goal of 100% automation Work with the business, technical project development teams, and project managers to establish project development schedules and execute test plan to deliver high quality product releases
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Must possess the skills necessary for working closely with the engineering team during all aspects of the development process. In addition, this position requires someone who is ‘very detailed oriented’, inspire and lead a team of hardworking individuals, and can work in a fast-paced testing environment.
- This position will require not only Leading but also should be hands on and ready to work independently on other projects assigned.
- Must also be flexible to support projects being lead in different timezones and regions globally.