Software Engineer, Tools & Automation - Retail Engineering
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are looking for an experienced individual who will help design, implement and deliver tools needed for for QA / Business users. The Individual will be building integration tools / Frameworks with software using Java, Spring, Springboot, Workflow Orchestration, Decision Rules & API Based Microservices. Are you a lifelong learner? Do you have a passion for building tools and automation? Come and join us in a fun-loving, highly motivated team and be a part of Apple’s worldwide retail journey.
- Experience in MVC architecture, Spring/framework, J2EE Design Patterns, Spring IOC, Spring Boot,and Hibernate.
- Experience with Core Java with multithreading, Exception Handling,Generics, Data structures and Collections, Garbage Collection.
- Experience with unit testing using Junit and knowledge of Maven and Log4j tools.
- Experience in development of Rest or Soap API
- Experience with CI/CD Tools Github, Maven, Jenkins, and Artifactory
- Experience in developing automation framework and/or tools for API and UI testing.
- Strong object-oriented programming concepts
- Experience writing production ready code
- Familiar with container technology such as Docker and container orchestration like Kubernetes on Cloud Platforms like AWS Etc
- Experience in No-Sql and In-Memory Db (Mongodb, Cassandra, Redis)
Lead/contribute to engineering efforts from design to implementation, solving sophisticated technical challenges around developer/QA You’ll make use of existing frameworks and tools, customizing and building from scratch where vital, identifying gaps or inefficiencies and suggesting improvements Work with core team to develop various framework and tools used by various Dev, QA, Pm and business teams. Build dashboards to show test results and environment health results with failure drill down capability. Research innovative solutions to shorten the validation testing time. Mentors, motivates and encourage team members towards the goals. Partner with other domains and collaborate solutions. Demonstrate troubleshooting skills for isolating issues.
Education & Experience
MS Or BS In computer science. Minimum of 5 years experience In automation development or equivalent.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We at Apple we are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more.