Engineering Program Manager - Channel Sales Programs
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Sales and Business Development
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Channel Interactive Technology Team develops and manages the systems and tools that enable excellent in-store demo experiences for Apple customers worldwide! As an Engineering Program Manager (EPM), you will be the product and program lead for the Over The Air (OTA) solutions managing demo devices used by millions of customers in Apple Channel stores worldwide. Beyond that, you’ll bring your best influencing skills to bear so that business partners across Apple join your vision for the most customer-centric results possible. You will have a passion for Apple and will be comfortable working alone as well as in a fast-paced dynamic team environment. Being very detail oriented and proactive is a requirement for this position!
- Minimum 8-10 years technology product or program management experience in software required.
- Successful development and deployment of at least one consumer-facing product.
- Minimum 5 years experience developing a product strategy, defining 6-24 month product roadmaps and executing the roadmap.
- Experience working with retail technology and in-store experience and software solutions.
- Proficient in technical business process flow diagramming and store operations.
- Ability to approach projects analytically; experience making data lead decisions required.
- Experience with Apple device management tools such as MDM Profile Manager, and Configurator 2 a strong plus.
- Strong communication skills across project and leadership teams.
- Ability to run complex, multi-track product development projects.
- Creative thinker who enjoys solving complex problems with analytical thinking skills.
- Ability to negotiate priorities between multi-functional teams and make adjustments where needed while still working towards the Apple standard.
- Experience working in a dynamic multi-disciplined environment juggling multiple projects with different priorities.
- CSO Interactive Tech EPMs deliver the best in-store customer experience in tens of thousands of stores worldwide. It’s a hands-on, cross-functional, highly-engaged job. A great PM is the beating heart of their team. - Lead product definition of roadmap for platforms and applications used to manage interactive in-s tore experience of millions of demo devices worldwide including theft deterrence solutions - Define the product strategy. Gather and document business requirements that drive a successful product strategy - Build end to end product development lifecycle and project timelines from concept design to pilot deployments. Manage sustaining product roadmap, including major improvements and new feature release schedules - Inform product design and roadmap via business requirements from business partners and operational teams. Work with Engineering teams to drive technical development timelines and phased releases balancing business needs and development capacity - Deliver technical product prototypes and support business in proof of concept and pilot deployments - Lead cross-functional communications with Engineering, Product and Business teams - Lead development UAT and QA processes
Education & Experience
- Technical degree is a plus - Expert user of macOS and iOS, Apple Apps and services (i.e. iCloud), and Apple hardware - Required proficiency in the following: Keynote, Excel, iOS, macOS, Jira (preferred) - Experience developing digital solutions to minimize in-store theft, asset protection, loss prevention or shrinkage is preferred.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristic