Engineering Project Manager
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
There is a lot that goes into building the most secure yet user-friendly devices in the world. We are a unique Software Development group with a charter to secure our platforms that include iOS SW, iOS Devices, and Mac. We build solutions that are used by our customers, our engineering teams, and our manufacturing environments. We are looking for a detail-oriented technical project manager who can help organize/drive engineering tasks, so that we can work effectively as a group. Are you ready for this challenging yet highly visible and rewarding opportunity?
- Familiarity with different project management and software development lifecycles (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Kanban, etc...)
- Technical knowledge in software engineering fields and/or infrastructure (systems and network)
- Experience working with consumer hardware manufacturing from a program perspective
- Experience working with globally dispersed teams
- Experience with managing the Infrastructure aspects of projects is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with presentation skills
- Self-starter with an ability to work independently
- Detail-oriented and analytical
- Excited about challenging tasks
Our organization works with many cross functional teams across the company. We’re looking for someone that can partner with our engineering managers and engineering teams to aid in aligning the cross functional teams on features, schedules, issues, etc... Our typical requests involve either enhancements to existing systems, augment features, or building completely new systems to meet business requirements. In any of these cases, we start off discussions/meetings with our cross functional partners to obtain and align on requirements. As an Engineering Project Manager, you will be key to facilitating/participating in these discussions and meetings along with Engineering Managers and/or Engineers to collect/define/align/plan for an initiative. This initial phase will also involve spawning internal discussions with engineering managers, engineers, as required, Infrastructure, and SRE teams to further understand the capability of existing systems to reach consensus on whether to use existing, or to build new. Once it gets past this planning and investigation phase, it's time to work closely with all the partners to define tasks and track them to ensure we are on target in delivering the solution. From this point on, it’s project management 101 to make sure that all the dependent pieces are moving orderly through every step of the way until project completion. The engineering/infrastructure teams will look to the project manager to help them prioritize and focus to maximize the level of efforts to meet the commitments in time with the highest quality.
Education & Experience
B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent major is a huge plus 5+ years of experience in relevant fields