Senior Technical Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Mobile and Messaging Apps Team is a highly cohesive team operating in an exciting and fast-paced Agile development environment. The team builds mobile e-commerce and retail experience through the Apple Store App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch. The team is also responsible for Apple’s next generation platform for engagement and communication with customers through Messaging apps such as Apple Messages and WeChat.
- At least 5 years of project management in software development. iOS app development highly desirable.
- Highly accountable and responsible. Self-starting, proactive, self-directed, and self-sufficient.
- Outstanding presentation skills, for collaborating across participating teams.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) to all levels of an organization.
- Strong facilitation skills (requirements sessions, design meetings, progress and status meetings).
- Strong technical proficiency, especially relating to e-commerce: server architecture and development, systems integration, reconciliation with the ability to frame technical solutions/options and negotiate business acceptance.
- Deep understanding of common Agile practices and service-oriented environments.
- Must be able to grasp issues quickly and while factoring in technical dependencies and system limitations, make educated decisions in the absence of complete information.
- Strong organizational and tracking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - both business facing and Engineering.
- We seek a self starter, forward-thinking person with strong leadership capabilities.
- You will interact with many other group’s internal team to lead and deliver outstanding products in a fast-paced environment.
- Multifaceted, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?
This is a hands-on position where the Technical Project Manager will be involved in business requirements analysis, functional and technical design discussions, testing, working with key strategic partners, and more. This is not a task-based job; you will be responsible for the delivery and success of your features. You will drive and ship all aspects of large, cross-functional projects and feature areas. You will coordinate with multiple concurrent projects including scope, requirements, timelines, risks and prioritization. You will handle communication — apprising status and issues to team members, management and other project partners.
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or equivalent field with a minimum of 8 years of relevant industry experience. MBA degree highly desirable. Industry recognized Certified Scrum Master or Project Management Professional certification highly desirable.