Apple Maps - POI Product Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- 5-10 years of experience in computer mapping/GIS, navigation.
- 5+ years in product management defining & developing products.
- Experience working with international geospatial data.
- Ability to work with POI data models with an understanding of how they are consumed.
- Experience defining product roadmaps and feature requirements.
- Ability to define data requirements, specs, and production processes.
- Ability to prioritize within constraints and assumptions.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
Apple is hiring a POI product manager to define data requirements and perform feature prioritization to tackle some of the most challenging and visible problems in consumer navigation. You will work with highly collaborative teams across the organization to develop features and help define and deliver the right products for our users. Thinking outside of the box is natural when there is no box. You have excellent geospatial, communication and teamwork skills, combined with the maturity and initiative to deliver results. You can provide guidance and influence through data analysis and intuition alike. You relish the opportunity to define a world class product and see it come to fruition. You are passionate about quality and user experience. Responsibilities include: Defining product requirements for map POI features, providing a near term and futuristic view as appropriate. Define strategies and priorities for POIs across Engineering, Sourcing and Operations teams. Coordinating with the Operations, Engineering, and Program teams to deliver against the product roadmap and priorities.
Education & Experience
B.S. or higher in Computer Science, GIS or equivalent program.
- Strong knowledge of navigable databases and market.
- Experience with mapping, GIS, or geospatial experience.