Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Are you up for the challenge? Apple’s Instrumentation PD (iPD) group is recruiting a manager for its Mechanical Engineering Project Manager team with strong leadership skills, communication and project management experience. You will be responsible for leading the team managing the development and implementation of our hardware calibration, measurement and test systems. In this role you will drive overall program objectives focusing on management of electro-mechanical engineering design, development planning and validation cycles. You will work collaboratively with a creative and diverse team of experienced engineers from all disciplines including instrumentation, core technology, product design and operations teams developing state of the art measurement systems for Apple.
- 15+ years (4+ years within Apple, 4+ years in management) of experience in engineering project management delivering customer focused products.
- Experience with documentation generation and release in Agile/PLM (Product Lifecycle Management).
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and cross-functional engagement skills are critical.
- Self-motivated and dedicated with demonstrated creative problem solving and critical thinking capabilities, including experience in failure analysis, root cause investigation, and DOE management.
- Wide knowledge of manufacturing processes and experience driving manufacturers overseas required.
- You’re equally comfortable collaborating with Operations, Design, Vendors and Contract Manufacturers.
- PREFERRED SKILLS:
- Experienced in electronics manufacturing equipment NPI program management.
- Lean/Six Sigma trained a plus.
- Basic material engineering, FAI, CPK knowledge a plus.
- Key objective - Lead and build iPD ME EPM team in Cupertino and Shanghai. - Support bring up of EPM team and processes. - Provide timely issue resolution and critical path management. - Drive day-to-day activities to meet overall project objectives. Enable the development effort by creating and monitoring an efficient, streamlined process. - Redirect pitfalls and develop a better course of action. Identify, direct, and advocate for all resources required to execute successful projects. - Create and maintain fixture design schedules. - Collaborate and facilitate communication across teams from engineering, operations and supply chain management, vendors and our CM partners to meet very aggressive cost, schedule, and performance goals. - Requires up to 20% international travel to support equipment design and team on-boarding. - Ability to comprehend, communicate and manage complex design and operational tradeoffs. - Responsible for the performance and development of the iPD ME EPM team.
Education & Experience
BS/MS Mechanical Engineering or equivalent