Engineering Project Manager - Platform Software
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple is looking for a highly motivated Engineering Project Manager to join our Software Platform Engineering Team. This individual will work with multiple cross-functional teams to drive key software projects from concept to delivery with focus on operating systems & frameworks. The successful candidate will work in close collaboration with various cross-functional engineering teams, with emphasis on planning and articulating the big picture and aligning the detailed deliverables.
- Product experience with one or more of networking stacks, software update, cameras, sensor technologies, deep neural networks, operating systems, device drivers, or compilers.
- At least 5-8 years combined experience in engineering and software project leadership delivering cross-functional projects across disciplines (SW, HW, QA)
- Exceptional experience developing, leading and/or project managing the development of systems software in C/C++ with focus on APIs, protocols, interfaces, and packaging
- Detailed understanding of, and experience with, all phases of product development processes
- Excellent track record of project management and meeting deliverables
- Self motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills with the ability to win the confidence of highly skilled engineers
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information appropriate for audience
- Flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity
Drive and own all aspects of highly cross-functional software development Partner with engineering teams through all phases of development to deliver on-time, high-quality software Lead discussions on requirements, architecture, detailed design, implementation, and validation Proactively identify, prioritize, and drive resolution to program issues Communicate project goals, top issues, risks, critical milestones to leadership Manage the roadmap, priorities, scoping, timelines, for technologies Help the team with ongoing improvements to the program management processes Deep dive into the details to drive decisions where needed
Education & Experience
BS Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science degree or equivalent required