Test Automation Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. IS&T Point of Sale (POS) Engineering team is responsible for the technology and IT systems used to enable Apple Retail Stores service millions of customers and are an industry leader in Retail. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Are you passionate about solving complex business challenges with process engineering and technology? Do you thrive in environments that require multi-functional thinking, collaboration, and innovation? If so, this may be the job for you.
- Strong sense of ownership, customer service, and integrity demonstrated through clear communication.
- Passion for eliminating repetitive manual processes using automation
- With experience is some, not all of:
- Core Java, SQL, Junit/TestNG for testing, Advanced Java, Design Patterns, Spring/Spring boot, Hadoop/Spark skillsets
- Web UI/UX
- iOS App Testing
- Swift, Objectve-C, XCTest for testing, Xcode
- Broad experience with IT fundamentals in DevOps environment preferred
- Enterprise Networking, Security, Revision, Configuration, and Container Management, including Ansible, Docker, Artifactory, VMs, Git, Kafka, Solr, Zookeeper, etc.
To be successful in this role, the candidate must be hands-on, proactive, good at problem solving and have a strong desire to learn and work towards excellence. - Participate in the development of functional requirements and technical specifications - Develop and maintain a working knowledge of trends and standard methodologies within Apple - As a Test Automation Engineer engineer you will be responsible for shepherding applications though the software delivery life cycle: - Work with Development and Testing teams to understand requirements and enhancement and create automation frameworks to support projects. - Drive available and scalability of POS application This Test Automation Engineer candidate takes pride in crafting solutions to enhance product delivery by architecting and leading distributed compute platforms and application services. This engineer needs work closely with cross-functional teams to identify the issue, design and implement the proper solution, and work with the engineering team to properly test and deploy changes. Critical thinking, writing solid and clean code, planning, documenting and communicating within the team and cross-functionally is critical to the success of the role.
Education & Experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent preferred
- - Strong attention to detail and excellent analytical capabilities
- - Experience troubleshooting problems and working with a team to resolve large scale production issues.