ISE, SIML - Machine Learning Engineer (OCR)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Are you interested in building products that utilize machine learning and computer vision technologies? Are you looking to apply your state-of-the-art knowledge to produce high-visible features? Apple’s Text Recognition group is responsible for building best-in-class Text Recognition technologies that fuel innovation and user experiences. We are a R&D team that develop the core machine learning technologies and push the limit of those technologies to produce amazing features like Text Recognition/OCR, Apple Pay Credit Card Capture, or iTunes Gift Card Camera Redemption across all Apple Platforms including iOS and macOS. We are looking for an exceptional machine learning engineer to help develop our next generation text recognition solutions that will enrich millions of people! Check an example of our technologies at: https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2019/234/.
- Strong programming skills in C++, Objective C or similar object oriented languages.
- Familiarity with data structures, software design principles and algorithms.
- Familiarity with software optimization and performance measurement tools.
- Experience with modern machine learning algorithms.
- Experience crafting a machine learning based application or framework of significant scope.
- Experience with deep learning toolkits.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to produce creative and innovative solutions to hard problems
As a member of the team, you will innovate and deliver high-impact features that interacts with state-of-the-art machine learning technologies. Your responsibilities will include a mixture of machine learning exploration and software design and development. You’ll be part of a team of machine learning experts and developers working in the area of text recognition and understanding. We’re looking for candidates with polished coding and software design skills, experience in developing and deploying deep learning solution or framework at scale. An ideal candidate should have experience in computer vision, image processing, neural networks and other statistical pattern recognition systems. Prior research experience is not required, but you should be familiar with design solutions that advance the state of the art in any of those fields.
Education & Experience
Ph.D. or MA in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a closely related field
- DESIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with Unix, iOS or macOS development
- Exposure to scripting or prototyping languages
- Experience developing with OpenCV or similar toolkits