State Estimation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is looking for an engineer to develop, deploy, and maintain state estimation solutions for complex electromechanical systems in support of evolving real time control and diagnosis needs.
- Theoretical, as well as practical understanding of state estimation design techniques for linear and nonlinear, multiple-input/multiple-output systems.
- Proven ability and experience in fulfilling the complete state estimation algorithm development process, from requirements specification to hardware deployment and verification.
- Experience with robust, multi-modality (e.g., inertial, visual, thermal, etc.) sensor fusion for real time, safety-critical systems.
- Familiarity with adaptive filtering for time-varying systems.
- Ability to demonstrate experimental data to improve state estimation models.
- Strong reciprocal software development skills in a large scale CI/CD environment, including familiarity with version control software (e.g., git).
- Strong coding skills in C/C++/Python preferred, in addition to significant experience and familiarity with MATLAB/Simulink.
A qualified applicant for this role will be encouraged to provide creative state estimation solutions in support of multifaceted dynamic control and diagnosis components for safety-critical, complex electromechanical systems. Responsibilities include: - maintaining a strong collaborate with other teams to help define sensing and state estimation performance requirements - implement innovative algorithms that enforce to the best coding practices - evaluate the performance of said state estimation algorithms in simulated environments - ability to move from simulation towards SIL, HIL, and on-plant experimentation.
Education & Experience
PhD in robotics or controls-related field with 2-3 years of experience. Candidates with an M.Sc. degree and 5+ years of industry experience will also be considered.