Engineering Project Manager, Carrier Services
Austin, Texas, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Carrier Services team is looking for a project manager on our team who will manage project resources in a matrix organization, track tasks, prepare documentation, effectively communicate project status, manage project risk, and conduct post project reviews. This is a hands-on position where the project manager will be involved in analysis, testing, proof-of-concept, management of external relationships, etc.
- Manage one or more medium to large cross-functional projects by providing project leadership and daily management through end to end project life cycle for all assigned projects.
- Oversee all aspects of project information including timelines, resource allocation, scope and definition – this includes development of detailed project requirements in operations, finance, etc.
- Manage cross-functional business and operational requirements and expectations with realistic project plans
- Resolve cross-functional and business issues
- Assist management in assessing and prioritizing projects
- Proactively seek problem resolutions
- Support internal and external groups
- Analyze data and report to management and others
- Build a strong relationship with cross-functional internal organizations
- Navigate and execute in an environment of ambiguity and lead teams to the successful delivery of solutions
- Respond to special requests for analysis as needed Key Qualifications
- Must be goal oriented, highly motivated and able to work under minimal supervision in a cross-functional environment at detailed levels whilst taking account of interdependencies at higher levels
- Strong background in system implementation project management using proven software development techniques
- Effective presentation, oral, and written business communication skills with various audiences and levels
- Ability to quickly respond to changes in business scenarios, projects and resources - adapting accordingly and positively
- Data analysis experience
- Ability to participate and possibly facilitate requirements brainstorming sessions
- Effective decision-maker – balance risks and benefits for the overall good of Apple and Apple’s customers
- Experience in the wireless telecom industry or knowledge of cellular technologies a plus
The Carrier Services team is responsible for delivering server-side solutions to activate iPhones and other iOS devices worldwide. Carrier Services works closely with teams all across Apple including iOS software engineering, Apple Online Store, Apple Retail, Apple Business, backend IT systems as well as telecom carriers and other third parties.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree or equivalent / MIS degree preferred.
- Project Management Certifications